COOK YOUR CRAB CAKES MARYLAND STYLE
Now that you have ordered the best Maryland style crab cakes available, it’s time to prepare your kitchen for these delectable treats. Crab cakes can be fixed in a variety of ways, but we always recommend the recipe below. We have included instructions on how to cook your crab cake so that it retains its full flavor without creating a huge clean up project so you can duplicate the way we cook these Best of the Best in our restaurant.
First, you’ll want to take the crab cakes out of their container they arrived in. We use Styrofoam containers, the very best shipping insulated boxes, fill the box with dry ice and gel packs, so that your crab cakes arrive solidly frozen with no deterioration whatsoever, so you get the real deal and highest possible quality product. Get your kitchen in order and pour yourself a frosty beer, switch on the Oriole or Raven game, and get ready for a very special treat.
Crab Cake Cooking Directions
- Make sure the crabcakes are completely thawed.
- Preheat the oven to 425° for approximately 8-10 minutes prior to cooking the crab cakes
- Arrange crab cakes on an un-greased pan. Add a splash of water or small amount of butter on pan before placing crab cakes on the pan to prevent burning or sticking.
- Place crab cakes in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown on top and firm to the touch.
- When you remove the crab cakes, their internal temperature should be 145° F.
- Take them from the oven and let set for about 5 minutes before serving.
Once the crab cakes are ready to serve, you can garnish them with parsley. You may want to include ordinary table crackers to accompany the crab cakes, along with lemon, cocktail sauce, or tartar sauce. Remember that the flavor of blue crab is subtle, and you want to enjoy the taste, so go easy on the sauce!